Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Chemotherapy drugs

I was reading my friend's blog who underwent chemotherapy session.
I never know that chemotherapy drugs are so toxic that one cannot hold them with bare hands. What cross my mind is that what will happen when these drugs go into every parts of our body inside? Most of us know very well a lot of good cells are killed too and patients will suffer certain degree of side effects. How destructive it can be to other organs only the patient knows.
Then I make some search online and read more about chemo spill and was shocked to see how damaging it can be when bare skin come in contact with the drug and medical staffs need to wear chemotherapy protective gloves and gowns.
Now, I can really see how much a cancer patient has to go through inorder to fight against cancerous cells. May all their friends far and near give them their fullest supports, help them in one way or another and pray for them too.
I think I better start taking more fruits and vegetables and eat less meat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment