Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Cooking Green Bananas.

I am reading some articles about boiling green banana, out of curiosity I thought I give it a try and see how is the taste. After boiling 2 green bananas for 20 minutes, now the skin can be removed easily.



I am expecting some similar sweet taste like yellow banana, however the taste is so different from ripe yellow banana, it has starchy taste more like boiled potato.
Now they look more like mashed potato.

Next, I have hard time cleaning the sap stain sticking at the side of the saucepan.  After failing to remove the sap stain, I just soak it with water and leave it aside. A few days later, I tried to clean it  using organic enzymes cleaner,  it works better. I am telling myself no more boiling another green banana.
Later, I read another article giving an advice to wipe some cooking oil in your hands and on the knife  to prevent the sap sticking to any of them.  Add some cooking oil to the boiling water to prevent the sap sticking on the saucepan.  I decide to give it a try again, indeed this method work perfectly, I have no problem of cleaning the saucepan after boiling.


No comments:

Post a Comment